Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Dash

Frysie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
G'day guys

After much searching and going around in circles, can some one give me a straight answer.

I need to replace the dash facia on my Quicksilver (H154) VX SS Commodore. Are there different shades of silver dash facia? My dash appears to be dark silver compared to those available on ebay. Is this a different shade or just my eyes and peoples dodgy photos playing tricks on me?

Cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Probably dodgy pics, OR a re-spayed dash. I'd be betting on the latter.

My Clubsport had a silver dash it was that dark colour you are referring to, I had it re-sprayed gloss black.

The original grey dash is easy to respray silver and call it SS or HSV.

You'd also need to check to make sure they have the fog lamp hole, also a flash would make darker colour disappear I would think.

jamesjgts25t

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx
There is different shades. But not sure if it's because Holden and HSV fascia colours are different.
My original HSV one was a silver/light champagne colour, the one I got when I did my manual conversion is a much darker gray/dark silver colour. I believe both are factory colours as I have seen others in the same colours...