Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss diff

Iby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has or is doing a change over on there diff like what diff can i put in my vx ss that has a better diff ratio and is less cost effective?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Less cost effective?

The only entire swap you can do that will be any different is a manual diff that will be 3.45. Anything else you'll have to take the centre out.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Lets get this right ?,
So you are after a better Diff, at a Cheap Price ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
As above, a manual V8 diff (3.45) from VX-VZ is the easiest and cheapest option but then you are still left with the problem of a worn out LSD unit. Next is a VX-VZ HSV manual clubsport diff which will be 3.7 ratio or HSV GTS which should be 3.9 ratio but still left with a well used factory LSD. The HSV diffs won't be easy to find. Sometimes it's easier to just drop out your diff and have local diff builder put in the gears you want and whilst you are there consider a better centre, something like a trutrac centre, either genuine or a cheaper copy.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
+1 for the true trac upgrade and 3.9 diff gears it’s not that cheap but the difference is night and day I did the above to my old manual vx ss

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
+1 for the true trac upgrade and 3.9 diff gears it’s not that cheap but the difference is night and day I did the above to my old manual vx ss

What -did you think of it in the end result ?
Was it better result ?,
And were you happy with it ?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
What -did you think of it in the end result ?
Was it better result ?,
And were you happy with it ?
Definitely heaps better mate better pickup with the diff gears, makes 6th gear a lot more useable and the Truetrac is far superior to the stock lsd no more spinning on 1 side better under cornering etc

M8VXS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina series 2
Sorry for jumping in like this guy's, I'm hoping one of you'd guy's can help me out here, I have a VX Berlina v6 with a 3.08 non LSD diff I also have a 3.07 LSD diff that I pulled out of a VX SS, both diff's are complete and both diff's have the 3 bolt flange so swapping them over won't be the problem,
Can anyone tell me if my V6 tailsharft will bolt straight up to the flange on the 3.07 LSD diff or is there things that I have to change 1st,

Cheers