Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Head unit

Psykarrd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi All,

I am looking to replace the head unit in my VX SS, currently everything is standard and to be honest im pretty happy with the standard speakers at the moment.

However i would like a head unit with more features than the standard one. It seems a massive waste to have such a huge headunit that dosn't have anything.

could i please get some recomendations from really cheap (say $300) up to about $1000, but the cheaper the better really. Also i would like it to still look quite "stock".

*Edit - Also i forgot... i really want a headunit that will be compatable with the steering wheel controls..

Thanks,

Last edited:

ASS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve hdt retro
i have just put a clarion vx400 double din dvd player in my vx ss fits in beautiful and sits flush with dash as it comes with 2 trim rings all i had to do to get to sit back further was cut a little out of the cage on the bottom will take a photo and post it later but am very happy with the deck has heaps of features such as ipod and usb control which is good and its a good unit

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ASR can put in an auxilary and 2 pairs of RCA's (front and rears) if u wanna retain the stock unit and have the basic features? wat features do u want or need?

http://www.asr-audio.com.au/

Psykarrd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
The extra features im really after are.. USB input.. Iphone connectivity and Bluetooth. it would also be pretty sweet to have somthing that looked a bit cooler, while still retaining that stock feel :D

The other reason im looking to get a new head unit is i changed the battery and only after realised that i don't have the security code for the headunit and i don't wonna pay to get it unlocked :D

thanks again