Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss headlights...problem

VX SS 340 HP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1
My Clear Coat on my vx ss headlights seems to be peeling off...im not to sure how to fix it i have tried polishing them with out any sucsess...It looks **** house some help would be appreciated...

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
probably cant repair them?? but surely they wouldnt be to expensive for another set from the wreckers

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
nah mate your not. What you need to do is get a few grits of sandpaper (wet and dry)

start with some 600grit. sand the lense until all the clear has come off, and the entire lense is foggy. then moving to 1200 and 1600 isn't necessary, but it makes polishing much easier.

Ive done this to multiple glass commodore headlights and they come up good as new!

do the sanding by hand, i found straight motion left to right was best. Use a power buffer on med - high speed with some heavy cutting compound. Stop every few minutes to let glass cool down. then move to a finishing cut or wax to protect them since you've stripped them down again.

Will take about 40 minutes per headlight ive found. Much better than forking out $300+ for OEM SS headlights.

VX SS 340 HP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1
Thanks for the info mate i am keen to give it ago on the weekend it might just save me some money....Thanks

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
and then get them re-cleared