Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Headlights

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Hey guys, got a question about a new ebay item, I've been dieing to get ss headlights for ages now and some 'aftermarket' ones were just put up on ebay..

Holden-Commodore-VX-VU-SS-Headlights-Head-Lamps-New

They say they are aftermarket, do they look very different from the genuine ones? And any other thoughts about these?

Cheers.

Z

ZaRnOw

They do look kinda similar to the genuine lights, however they have the black plastic insert. Which is different. I don't like them to be honest.
You should spend a bit more money and get some angel eye headlights, or splurge out and get some genuine monaro headlights, either of them looks great.
Il try to find a pic of the angel eyes.

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Hm yeah I know the ones you're talking about.. but I'm totally obsessed with the look of the VX SS headlights, I don't want to change the look of the front end too much and the black inserts set it off nicely..

I've also found these: VX SS HEADLIGHTS GENUINE VT VU GOOD COND COMMODORE PAIR
But to me, they don't look black enough in the inside or something?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i payed $200 for my pair brand new.. from carsRus who dont have them listed anymore so go with the top one as the second link is s-pack h/lights

Z

ZaRnOw

What ever you like the most you should buy. I just think those blackish plastic inserts look a bit tacky. And yeah the VX SS ones seem ok.
Heres a pic of the angel eyes.
035.jpg

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Yeah those angel eyes look good but I don't think they fit in a vx front bar as the pic above is a vt front bar. I'm not totally sure about the VX SS HEADLIGHTS GENUINE VT VU GOOD COND COMMODORE PAIR . They sort of do look black inside but the picture quality is crap so it's hard to say.. I think I'll wait for the right genuines to come up

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Im the same m8, dont go much on those but depends on your taste...i have monaro headlights on mine and suit my car well there black also will get a pic for ya later if the rain stops, the pics in my album u cant really see coz of the protectors over them : )

Z

ZaRnOw

Oh yeah, its a vt pic, but they do also sell the same headlight in VX style with the tear drop. They look the same tho pre much.

The Headlights with the black plastic inserts look good from a distance, but up close they would look really plastic and tacky, just like some of the altezza tail lights.

VX Appeal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S-Pack
Yeah Cameron you're right, they are normal S Pac h/lights.

Evidence: (The top is the ebay item, below is a picture of Genuine VX S Pac h/lights)
57396540.jpg

As you can see there is no difference lol, hope some poor bugger doesn't buy these thinking they're SS ones..