Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx SS intermittent ticking ls1

83vhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
Ok so need some help here,my 2002 vx SS automatic has had the check engine light come on but only when I'm driving at 100km/h or more on the hy way when I stop and turn the car off and re start the light is off until I get to around 95 to 100 then it comes back on... driving the car to work everyday the light never comes on as the maximum speed I get up to is 80km/h....I got a scan done at super cheap and it came up as PO327 knock sensor so I replaced both knock sensors and the plug and wires that connects to them (genuine Holden) road test still the engine light come on so I changed the oil pressure sensor and coolant temperature sensor road test and still the light come on, replaced the O2 sensors in the exhaust and the coil packs had the fault cleared with scan tool road test and still the engine light come on again but now I have noticed when I got up to hy way speed the engine light come on and car drives fine no loss of power or anything but after another 20 minutes I can hear very loud ticking from the engine that increases and decreases with rpm I kept driving to get home and when I got off the hy way and back in the 60km area the loud ticking completely went away and the engine is smooth and quite.have started the car a few times and engine sounds perfect but if I cruise on the hy way it starts ticking it's head off....have owned it for about 8 years service it regularly oil and filter ever 4000km any ideas? Help appreciated thanks