Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ss oil leak

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
hey guys i have a vx ss had the clutch done a few months ago ever since i have had it back its leaking motor oil from where the gear box bolts up to back of motor would this be the rear main seal or maybe the gear box not lined up properly any info would be great getting sick of oil every where thanks

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Mate.

Did they replace the seal when you had the clutch replaced ?

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Hey Mate.

Did they replace the seal when you had the clutch replaced ?

nah i dont think so mate would that make it leak i had nothing but trouble since they did it i took it back and said it would be gear box oil if it was coursed by them but its motor oil im really sick of it

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
If you can, Degrease the whole area, and then you can pin point it exactly where its coming from, but my guess it is a main rear seal, its very hard to get them to ever seal again i have been told :(

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
If you can, Degrease the whole area, and then you can pin point it exactly where its coming from, but my guess it is a main rear seal, its very hard to get them to ever seal again i have been told :(

yeah there are little bolts on bottom of box they dont do up they just spin its comming right from where the boxs meets the motor

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
That Really does not sound good if the bolts are just spinning and not being able to do them up to seal the box. Im not to sure of the set up with the Manuals

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
might just seal the box with heat prof silacon hahaha might slow it down a bit lol