Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS poor startup idle, misfire and no power after 3500rpm

That Deaf Guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
My VX SS had a constant misfire and dead spots after 3500rpm. I changed the plugs, leads, coils, injectors and O2 sensors trying to rectify the problem. Nothing changed till I did the injectors. The car started up Brum then idles like it wants to stall for about 30 secs then idles normal. Also since changin the injectors, I can’t rev past 3500rpm. Massive dead spot. I was told it’s a vacuum issue. Where do I go from here? Everything was bought from mace. STD coils and injectors. I want to fix the misfire amd deadspot before getting it dyno tuned. Or does the dyno tuning fix this issue?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
could be your throttle position sensor can test it with a multimeter for dead spots couldnt hurt to give the maf a clean either with contact cleaner that meters the amount of air coming into the intake

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
check fuel pressure

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Don't know about contact cleaner for MAF, use MAF approved cleaner, but doubt that's the problem, maybe worn exhaust valve spring, well could be many of things like dodgy new o2 sensors, a break in wires on the dfi plug, blocked fuel filter, bad fuel pump or fuel regulator, or TPS which was mentioned, it should climb steady to 5v full throttle.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Don't know about contact cleaner for MAF, use MAF approved cleaner, but doubt that's the problem, maybe worn exhaust valve spring, well could be many of things like dodgy new o2 sensors, a break in wires on the dfi plug, blocked fuel filter, bad fuel pump or fuel regulator, or TPS which was mentioned, it should climb steady to 5v full throttle.
Im 1 for checking fuel pressure like 07gts mention does sound like its starving