Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS rims on VR Wagon?

Maccar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 304
Gday all, i was just wondering if a set of VX SS rims will bolt straight onto my VR Wagon? The wagon is lowered (lowest legal) and i was planning on running 235/45/17 tryes? Only reason i ask is because a friend told me the offset is different?? I dont know what hes talking about (whats an offset???), and he said i would need to use spacers (which are illegal apparently) to make it work??? Any help appreciated.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
bolt straight on mate, no worries

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
oh you might want to get a set of chrome nuts or holden alloy nuts for them, not good to use the stock VR nuts :thumbsup:

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Agree fit straight on have VX 18s on my car

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
is it sorta like this what ya thinkin
carnowxa9.jpg

Only prob i have with those rims is the offset is way out compared to vn/s wheels. So i run 215's to avoid scrub issues. I could run 225's if i got a shorter swaybar not sure if 235s would work, i doubt they would. given the issues i have with 225's. However the slightly wider track is a welcome additon.

Maccar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 304
is it sorta like this what ya thinkin
carnowxa9.jpg

Only prob i have with those rims is the offset is way out compared to vn/s wheels. So i run 215's to avoid scrub issues. I could run 225's if i got a shorter swaybar not sure if 235s would work, i doubt they would. given the issues i have with 225's. However the slightly wider track is a welcome additon.

Thanks alot, yes thats exactly what i want to do :) love that look...... So if your running 215's what profile are you running?

Also EDGE3 what 18's do you have on your car? VX clubby or something? Sorry just cant picture any of the other models mags but the SS which are 17's

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I run 45 profile, At the time when that shot was taken, 205/45 were fitted, which looked slightly skinny on the rim, but they were a good potenza tyre and worked well. I went to 215's after that and they were fine, plus they fitted the rim nicely. Next i got a set of 225 on the rear, i ended up putting them on the front cause they scrubbed on the passenger side under the gaurd way too much for my liking.
But a slightly thinner walled 225 may work on the rear. They probably would have on mine if the tyres wernt such a thick wall, plus if i redid my panhard rod bush's it may have made a few crucial mm's difference too. Dosnt help the back is on super lows though aswell:), if i had an adjustable panhard rod then i could shift the train back over to the drivers side and the car would be able to run 225's on the rear then. Cost vs benifit really, going 10mm bigger really isnt worth my time friggin around under the car with panhard rods:)

Maccar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 304
I run 45 profile, At the time when that shot was taken, 205/45 were fitted, which looked slightly skinny on the rim, but they were a good potenza tyre and worked well. I went to 215's after that and they were fine, plus they fitted the rim nicely. Next i got a set of 225 on the rear, i ended up putting them on the front cause they scrubbed on the passenger side under the gaurd way too much for my liking.
But a slightly thinner walled 225 may work on the rear. They probably would have on mine if the tyres wernt such a thick wall, plus if i redid my panhard rod bush's it may have made a few crucial mm's difference too. Dosnt help the back is on super lows though aswell:), if i had an adjustable panhard rod then i could shift the train back over to the drivers side and the car would be able to run 225's on the rear then. Cost vs benifit really, going 10mm bigger really isnt worth my time friggin around under the car with panhard rods:)

Thnx for all your help, now just to find some rims.......... Ive just done some googling and found out that 215 50 17 will have the same rolling diameter so no stress with the speedo going out as well :)

Thanks again