Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss shock absorbers

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
So I am looking to purchase new shocks for the rear and new struts for my car. I was looking through the monroe catalogue and was also told by a retail outlet that the 35-393, 35-394 standard height struts and 15-232 standard height shocks for the rear are what I need for the Fe2 suspension. is this correct.... So far the best price I have come accross is $360 for the lot with $30 delivery as it is an online price, will still work out at least $50 cheaper than the retail outlets that I have been to.

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
I have been looking around also, the general feeling is monroe is crap, any short stroke shocks you need different spring rates i think. I spoke to pedders their sports ryder suspension fully fitted and aligned properly is $1500

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
ssman that is a bloddy good price for monroes, is that for frt and rr?, and they will be good for fe2.

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
I would love to be able to afford bilstein or something half decent like the pedders one but having to support a family on one income and still trying to get the car done up a lil bit is a challenge. So for the moment I think the monroe will be better than the probably original shocks in the car.

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
If you could extend to about $450 you could get KYB Excel G's off GSL Rallysport. Not in the same league as Koni or Bilstein but better than Monroes

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
If your keeping your FE2 then standard height shocks/struts will be fine.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If your keeping your FE2 then standard height shocks/struts will be fine.

Agreed but also go for GT Gas with FE2 "not" Monroe GT Sport.
The GT Sports are too soft in the intitila bump setting when used with anything less than rock hard aftermarket springs (eg FE2, FE1.5 holden springs).
Also the GT Sport are for lowered, lower than FE2 springs
GT gas and Sensatrac are basically what HSV used in the VR-VZ commodores when not fitted with the optional Olins shocks.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
If you could extend to about $450 you could get KYB Excel G's off GSL Rallysport. Not in the same league as Koni or Bilstein but better than Monroes
Spot on, and they'll be a BIG step up from Monroe!