Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Single Turbo

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
engines back in the car finally, tailshaft and box is all back in n done up, manifolds are on, im just finishing plugging everything back in that needs plugging in (running std fuel system and lines for test) this avo, then its exhaust and radiator,oil,and fluids then i can finally fire her up bring her back to life and see if she idles ok with any leaks.

once thats sorted its just a matter of intercooler+piping and then fuel system.
then tune,
then booooooooooooooooossst:)

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
haha i wanna post some pics up after the turbo and exhaust go on which is hopefuly tnite:) its not much to look at yet really with std rails and such..but ill get some up anyways:)

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
FINALLY had the car running tnite!!, had a few setbacks along the way but the turbo and all exhaust is on, clutch gearbox and shifter all feel great, radiator, ac, oil catch, all ancillaries and all plugs are on.

Managed to mount the battery in the boot, and wire it up properly..
The intercooler is there,but not fully mounted as it didnt need to be hooked up for the engine to run..

Moment of truth came turned the key, everything did what it what sposed to do and fired up and ticked over without an issue, without any leaks etc aswel. Really relieved now:)

so now its a matter of fuel system, a new intake pipe and new stainless exhaust then tune:)
pics up in the next couple days:)

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
you're my hero bro, fkkn envy you =P

ill book a flight when u get it on the road, take me for a spin =]

lol good luck bro, good to hear it turned over with no probs, hekkktttiiikkk knt!!! =]

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
thanks maaan!!
Haha fo shiz ill take ya for a spin hopefuly shud be on the road by next wknd..
Got started on the fuel system last night, the intercooler is properly mounted, all the pipes connected and the front bumper trimmed and fitted,so the whole front end is finished and i reckon looks mean as ****:)
fuel rails and injectors are on, and all fluids are in.
All that needs doing is to tie the fuel lines into the rails, mount the surge and pump in the boot, and run the lines to the tank, disable the intank reg and shes sorted.
So close now i can smell the rubber:) got a vid of her tickin over ill try get it up soon:)

Last edited:

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
hey mate sweet set up i have just got my self a single turbo set up to i was just wondering what valve springs you have

Last edited:

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
ill be getting them put in at the shop when it goes in for a tune this wk so ill let u know what ones they use as im unsure