Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Single Turbo

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
na mate lol theres a bit of a story behind that, after i dropped it in, he said itd take at least another3weeks before it was done because of the amount of cars he had in the workshop already,and the few little things i hadnt done added up to a bit..
So, i took it upon myself to finish the job completely..
So i have the car back up on stands, the arse end of the fuel system is hooked up and ready to go as of tnite..
The fuel pressure reg needs to be mounted to a bracket on the fuel rail bolts,and connected up to the rails,shud look mint,and the radiator overflow needs to be modified to circulate overflow fluid back into the heater hoses via a hole that needs to be made in the bottom. Tiny things but besides that shes all good to go.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
just a couple more pics,
not much else happening until i can get my bracket and rediatir overflow bottle modded.
07052010948.jpg

07052010950.jpg

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
been making little bits of progress here and there on the car,
guna hopefuly drop it off for a single 3.5" full hi pol stainless system, then its going back to the shop to get the valve springs, 2bar map sensor, and the tune finallly.

im heading to la and vegas on the 22nd tho, back on the 8th, so itl be a nice present when i get back :):)

cracker

Reaction score
love it, very nice set up whats its setting you back?
how much power do you plan on making, really good too see someone out there having a crack rather then buying over priced underdeveloped products.
whos manifolds are they? what did they set you back?
very interested after building vn v6turbo, now shortly setting into a vx ss... considering either a harrop h112 kit or possibley a garrett t04z

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
thanks mate, altogether, kit, fuel system, with a tune, new clutch, rip shift, valve springs, the whole shebang, about 12ish.
looking at about 420ish rwhp @7psi. hopefully. once shes settled in il wind it up to 9ish, maybe about 450ish hp after that..
the manifolds are ASE ones, aswel as the crossover. i think they cost about 1500ish? im not sure as i bought the hole kit second hand.
as for turbo or s/c, its all about the power delivery, and how you want it.
me, ive been in alot of turbo cars, and love the power surge, the spooling sound, and the flutter..
and for a v8, its fairly unique, well i havent seen too many gettin around perth:), and it had to be done:) lots of ppl have blowers on ls1's, i was after something a little bit more out there i guess.
but then again you cant beat the low down torque of the h112 top mounts, if i was going to get any blower, itd be one of those, or a whipple 3.3L, they sound AWESOME, and from a guess id say theyd be ALOT easier to DIY install than a whole turbo system.
its allllllll about personal preference and the depth of your pockets!

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Your car is my dream ride, looks soo bad. wish there were no v8 p plate laws..roaring to school every morning!

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
hey bro, got ur msg about the bonnet... do you know any REALLY CHEAP postage places? lol you're on the other side of the country =P
i'd give it to you for like $400, but postage would be a killer man!
monaro bonnet would look killer on ur vx mate, definately get one!!
get some black tail lights ya girl, they look mad!!

rousey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS A4 - 11.80 @ 120mph, 1.9 sec 60'
be carefull with the turbo setup with the amount of Kms u have on that car.... high millage cars dont like blown applications, you will have to keep the boost down low to maintain engine longativity.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
be carefull with the turbo setup with the amount of Kms u have on that car.... high millage cars dont like blown applications, you will have to keep the boost down low to maintain engine longativity.

oh what.... What if you ... OMG FORGOT THE WORD... lol how u fix everything up like new....