Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Speedo

Rhooky

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII S Manual
Hey guys,

I just installed a VX SS speedo into my V6 S pack, it looks good but as expected there are a few issues:

-The airbag is coding so light is on and beeps at startup (i believe this can be fixed with a Scan tool)
-The RPM is way out because its set up for an 8 (i hit 7000 RPM driving to work today :w00t:)

Have any of you guys done this and found ways around these issues?

Rhooky

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII S Manual
Well my dad is a motor mechanic, so ill do a bit more digging and find out how to do it. another option u though might be to toke the face off the SS one and put it in my original one but this would require taking the needles off and such. thx for the link!

SSbeast

Reaction score
If u like the look of the SS dash why don't u just remove the insert such as placard and surround if u can do that and just replace it on the V6 one.

slugger

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
when you doo the dash replacment duzz it show the km spedometer of the new dash or duzz it show the origanal kms i need replace mine but all the secondhand ones have higher km on them????

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
if yours has less then 100,000 kms it can be reset, otherwise it cant be.

from memory lol, dont quote me on that.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Well my dad is a motor mechanic, so ill do a bit more digging and find out how to do it. another option u though might be to toke the face off the SS one and put it in my original one but this would require taking the needles off and such. thx for the link!

i replaced my speedo dial faces with a monaro one.. took 30 mins and taking the needles off was piss easy

also didnt have to stuff around with the scan tool and getting **** recoded lol could have done it the easier way :p

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo