Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS suspension querstion

wassup353

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VX SS
G'day,

Does anyone know if there are some lower profile suspension i could put up front of a VX SS that will keep the car at stock height?

I picked up a set of machined VE series rims and they all go on perfect except when the car is lowered. Wheel size is 245/35/r18.

When the car comes down and the wheels touch the ground, the front wheels are slightly too big and rub on the base of the suspension cup (not the spring). Back is fine.

Just don't want to fork out for new tyres after i already have some good ones!!!

Cheers.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I don't know alot about suspensions, but I can't see how a low profile set up will keep it at stock height.
+ I'm pretty sure the maximum width on the front is 235's with a standard offset.
Could be wrong though.

wassup353

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VX SS
I don't know alot about suspensions, but I can't see how a low profile set up will keep it at stock height.

By "low profile" i don't mean LOWER. I mean like a more compact design to free up more space in the wheel arch.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
That's just it they are made for the VE. A completely different set up. I don't think without major mods to your suspension they will fit without rubbing.
It's not just the springs, but the whole linkage set up that would have to be modified I think.
The offset on the rim is different to the standard VX. It sits too close to the suspension. The cost would be astronomical and far out weigh the cost of the rims.
That's my opinion. Others might have a different idea.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Yes, go a coil over setup, simple.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
VE rims fit fine on any commodore you just need to run the right size tyre. VE size is 245/45. You need to run 235/40. Running VE size will not only cause fitment issues, it will root with your speedo and is actually a defect.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
That's what i said before 235's are the maximum width on the front.