Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss vibration

RedVXSSls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6spd manual
hey all,
Just having a drama with my ss at the moment. When I take off on an angle I get axle tramp. When I go from standIng still to moving forward when I hit 20ks in 1st or 2nd I get a bit of axle tramp aswell. Well I think that’s what it is all I know is it’s jumpy and not smooth then it smooths out. Other issue is when I’m at 80 and above i get an annoying vibration. Enough to notice it in my windows and watch my passenger seat wobble. It’s driveable but very annoying. Centre bearing was just replaced and that’s when I started with the axle tramp going straight and to 20ks. Car is a 6spd manual of that matters. Thinking it may be a diff bush and maybe needs a service on the diff.

D

devilly

After what I just went through I would be checking the tail shaft centre bearing Allen key bolts are nice and tight, and the bolts to the under body and also the bolts to diff. I just do a gutter jump go under and check tightness saves jacking it up. check for any grease or fluids leaking. give a Chinese burn to the tail shaft.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If you had neither of those issues before the centre bearing was replaced(but now you do) then someone has stuffed up with the work they have done on the CB replacement.

RedVXSSls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6spd manual
If you had neither of those issues before the centre bearing was replaced(but now you do) then someone has stuffed up with the work they have done on the CB replacement.
I had the vibration but not the jumpy ness when I move along I knew it was shagged and though changing it would get rid of it all

D

devilly

Gear box mount, tail shaft or could even be one of the rubber doughnut looking things has torn itself. might want to look into someone that does tail shaft spinning sorry cant remember the correct name, to change where the weights on the tail shaft are put. Just jump the gutter some where safe and get under it grab the gearbox mount and see if you can wiggle it check the tail shaft and the rubber parts as well. there's also where the big U shaped diff mount to body has a big rubber in that two.

If it was my car I would go under it with a camera and flash then zoom up on things to see if you can see anything.

RedVXSSls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6spd manual
Gear box mount, tail shaft or could even be one of the rubber doughnut looking things has torn itself. might want to look into someone that does tail shaft spinning sorry cant remember the correct name, to change where the weights on the tail shaft are put. Just jump the gutter some where safe and get under it grab the gearbox mount and see if you can wiggle it check the tail shaft and the rubber parts as well. there's also where the big U shaped diff mount to body has a big rubber in that two.

If it was my car I would go under it with a camera and flash then zoom up on things to see if you can see anything.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking I’ll have to have a look.. been too bloody hot I’ll have a look soon and report back thanks man

D

devilly

Your welcome. I like taking pics when its pitch black as the flash lights everything up and it saves go back under as you got the pics to check out. good luck hope its something simple.