Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss vs xr6t vs r33

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
This isn't so much a proper question just something me and my mate have been debating. Two of my mates have turbo cars, one an xr6 turbo, auto with k&n filter and centre muffler removed. The other has an r33 5 speed with 3" exhaust. I say that with my car (twin 2.5" exhaust 6 speed vx ss), I'd beat the skyline but not the turbo. But with full exhaust, OTR and maffless tune, I'll give the xr6t a run for it's money with his current mods. He says no hope in hell. Has anyone raced one or had them both on a dyne or can help in general? Gay question, I know, but this ford driver ####es me off with his big ego.

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
It's a BA. 240 at the flywheel and from what I've heard, with full exhaust, OTR and maff you can make more than that at the wheels. Not to mention I have no lag from a turbo, a responsive 6 speed, and frankly, his not the best driver hence the model car owns.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Heads up mate, the XR6 T will have a mad dash from a still start run
But when u slap it into 2nd you will start gaining ground

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Who needs to win a race when you look and sound better than sex in your SS?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
From what I have read both stock they are very similar in performance with the SS maybe slightly quicker. The couple of minor mods he has would make bugger all difference.

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
When it comes down to it, I dont really care if I beat him. You can't beat the sound of a v8. And the mods he has do make bugger all difference. As much as it pains me to admit, the car has serious balls. I've seen it beat clubbys, xr8, wrx, and all different imports. But I'm convinced with tunes and other mods I'll at least keep up.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
the turbo would still beat you my brothers fg xr6 turbo bone stock beats my 320rwhp vxss and the turbos do high 12's stock