Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX stalling on low revs

m0nkey

el mono
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Alright ive done a few searches and the best i can come up with is the idle pin may be dirty,
anyhow, the damn thing stalls when im slowing down, but not nessesarely at low speeds, ive had it cut out at 80ks its like it doesnt know what gear it want to be in, the revs keep jumping from 1.5k to almost 0 back up and down constantly, until it either stalls, or i rev the car. kinda anoying at 80k/hr zones, and very anoying at 60whe n I need to slow down for a turn or a red light. anyone know why this happens, or any ideas are welcomed, im new to commodores and know very little about them, so thanx for the help guys.

Eze

jackodrummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
I too have had the same problem with my vx too. It shits me especially in the morning just out of curiosity does your dash go darker when it idles and then brighter ones you accelerate again? Please let me know if youve had a solution. My revs will drop back to 0 nearly and cut out and then jump back up to around 1000 and then rest at 750 farrrkkeeennnn!

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
headlights/dash all go dim when mine drops to <500rpm on a 8*c morning :p Might be DFI module/coilpacks. Im having mine checked out this weekend.. hope it enlightens me of what to replace :)

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My car goes to stal when it slows down too! And Its even stalled a few times going into reverse etc too. Mines a worked vt 5ltre but. Any ideas?

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
get ur allernator check out i was having the same trouble and it was that, it cost $100 for reco one or $300 for new one