Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx starting problem

ComVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
VX Starting problem... all changed, what else? key?

I have a VX lumina 2002 same problem, changed starter, CAS (crank angle sensor ), crank pulley, battery, plugs, plug wiring,... cleaned and testet injectors, New FUEL PUMP, and still from time to time i get a problem starting my Car, it cranks the fly-wheel make a travel then asif it miss fires or something and doesnt run the engine, i leave my key for few secs take it out and try several times then itstarts, what else could be the problem??? any help?? its the first time here i hear about the KEY signal stuff, what does it has to do with that? the battery is new also... By the way it happened to me once when the car didnt start, later the key didnt work to close my doors, i said oh its broken or so, then of a sudden the next time i ran my car , it worked afterwards.. PLZ tell me what else i should fix to stop havin this ####in problem??? everything is changed, thanks guys..in advance

ComVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
dont have another key need to get one cut
Hi, regarding the VX starting problem, and your KEY / BCM suggestion? what about that, how can i know if my problem is this one and how to solve it????? pls read my details:: I have a VX lumina 2002 same problem, changed starter, CAS (crank angle sensor ), crank pulley, battery, plugs, plug wiring,... cleaned and testet injectors, New FUEL PUMP, and still from time to time i get a problem starting my Car, it cranks the fly-wheel make a travel then asif it miss fires or something and doesnt run the engine, i leave my key for few secs take it out and try several times then itstarts, what else could be the problem??? any help?? its the first time here i hear about the KEY signal stuff, what does it has to do with that? the battery is new also... By the way it happened to me once when the car didnt start, later the key didnt work to close my doors, i said oh its broken or so, then of a suddent the next time i ran my car , it worked afterwards.. PLZ tell me what else i should fix to stop havin this ####in problem??? everything is changed, thanks guys..in advance

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi, regarding the VX starting problem, and your KEY / BCM suggestion? what about that, how can i know if my problem is this one and how to solve it????? pls read my details:: I have a VX lumina 2002 same problem, changed starter, CAS (crank angle sensor ), crank pulley, battery, plugs, plug wiring,... cleaned and testet injectors, New FUEL PUMP, and still from time to time i get a problem starting my Car, it cranks the fly-wheel make a travel then asif it miss fires or something and doesnt run the engine, i leave my key for few secs take it out and try several times then itstarts, what else could be the problem??? any help?? its the first time here i hear about the KEY signal stuff, what does it has to do with that? the battery is new also... By the way it happened to me once when the car didnt start, later the key didnt work to close my doors, i said oh its broken or so, then of a suddent the next time i ran my car , it worked afterwards.. PLZ tell me what else i should fix to stop havin this ####in problem??? everything is changed, thanks guys..in advance

Could be the key

When you crank the engine, so it just stop mid way whilst cranking?

If so, could be that metal knob on the key not mating proper contact to the code reader on the ignition barrel.
Happened to me

Not saying to buy a new key, but when it happens again, take out the key and visually inspect the security light on the dash. If flashing, disable the immobiliser by pressing the unlock again and see if stops flashing. If it does, chuck in key and start it.
So this a few times when you have some issues starting. If it happens alot, then more then likely the keyfob itself of the code reader on the ignition barrel (metal thing the code reader on key makes contact with)

ComVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
Ohh thanks seems logical what u r saying.. I will try it now.. But is there a way to bypass all this hustle by simply using my key without this security-key-reading thing? eliminating this reading thing... just plug and crank it as old cars..?? thx dude in advance.. appreciate it..

Peter o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Olympic 200 v6
My barrel insert broke replaced never done this before try to replace barrel without disconnecting wire connectors if car main power disconnects reset sterile security code keep it simple w

Peter o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Olympic 200 v6
i have just brought a vx v6, the problem is sometimes it wont start or turn over doesnt matter if its hot or cold, have tried a new battery, the alternator is charging its reading 14.4v when running, only drops to 10 volts minimum when cranking, could it be starter motor? its doing my head in
I barrel insert broke replaced it keep it simple keep wire connectors joined if main power disconnects stereo system needs security code reset key need's to read keep it simple if starter motor turns from jumping across with removing relay just stay around ignition switch use Alen key don't disconnect wire on ignition barrel
My barrel insert broke replaced never done this before try to replace barrel without disconnecting wire connectors if car main power disconnects reset sterile security code keep it simple w
Stereo security code reset it dont disconnect wire joiner's etc