Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX stereo upgrade wiring

Jess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
IMG_0868.JPG
I have just bought a stock VX executive and am wanting to upgrade the stereo. However all the wiring is different colours to what I was expecting. Have spent the past few hours googling and it would appear that the wires I have in the current stereo don't all match up to what is supposed to be there. Not sure if I'm just useless or if something is actually missing.

See pic. I have two grey. And would the orange/black be Permanent 12v+

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Bugger! The best option is to get an ISO loom adaptor and a loom adaptor for your head unit, usually costs about $10 from ebay.

Too late now!

BTW have you soldered or used any joins under the tape? Best to do it right first time.

I am sure someone else will post the wiring diagram or a link to one that is already on the site.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
IMG_0910.jpg

What a mess. Solider and heat shrink will be the best path now as that looks hacked.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Bugger! The best option is to get an ISO loom adaptor and a loom adaptor for your head unit, usually costs about $10 from ebay.

Too late now!
+1.
There is a whole series of plug and play options............but that's when you have the original plug still on it. That's how I did it cos I don't know about electrics.
That's just coloured spaghetti to to me.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Go to the wreckers and cut off the plug with a length of the loom and solder and heat shrink it to yours .