Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX stuff on a vs

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hey guys i was wondering if i changed my fuel injectors and stuck vx ones in instead and also got a vx computer, would that change my car into thinking its a vx causing the injectors to squirt more fuel? was just wondering as my mate has a wrecked vx and said i could strip it but the engines cooked

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
No a vx ecu will not work on a vs. vs and vx injectors are interchangable but you may just be better off getting your existing injectors cleaned/reconditioned because unless the vx injectors are very low milage, changes are they already have a build up of contamination in them and they cannot be dismantled or cleaned as they have a solid plastic body, whereas the vs has a metal body that can be dismantled. As far as I know, vx injectors actually flow less fuel than the vs, but obtain similar performance as they have a different pintle cap design which give far better fuel atomisation and distribution.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ahhh i c now, cheers cander thanks for the info