Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx superchared upgraded questions

vxsupercharged94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged l67 3.6l
hey ive just brought a 2001 model supercharged vx that im doing up. ive brought extractors, 2.25 inch exhaust system, and a few other little thing for it. im planning to buy a boost up grade was wondering what psi i should go for?? is 16 too much for the car? was going to only get 10 to be safe but if i can go bigger i will.. any help will be appreciated
thanks jake

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
I wouldn't be going 16 pound un cooled, besides once you reach about 10 you'll be maxing out the maf anyways, so go 10 its a nice even number! You should get someone to do a mail out tune with revised shift points too makes a big difference iv been told

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
87MM pulley is the safest bet on a stock L67. Any higher and the ECU will start to pull timing.

If you are a Facebook member join the L67torque group (not the L67 Australia group) or join the L67torque forum as both have a beginners guide to modding the L67.
It is all laid out step by step to show you what you can and can not do.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
10psi or you motor will cut timing and loose power. I've been there n done that

And my 3rd dyno pull and the supercharger was already hot enough to put timing and drop 8-10rwkw