Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx supercharged boost

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah youre pretty much at the point that everyone gets too with an L67 time to spend $1500 just to intercool it so you can add more boost. then the cost of pulley, injectors ,tune etc then you get to the point that you keep upping boost and gaining low down torque but no extra HP cause your getting the extra PSI just from the heat expanding the charge air not actually forcing more air in

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
it been proven on a dyno that ya loose power with any pulley above 10psi (without a cooler) cause of the extra heat it pull's timing or something and end up loosing kw....

but if ya got a cooler and all ya other mods pretty sure its sweet to run 19psi pulley if its tuned for it..

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
That is true with the Ecotec but the L67 came out with forged internals, much stronger engine! I'm not saying it will and I'm not saying it wont!!

The L67 bottom end is not forged. The pistons are coated though.

hatziVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
okay thanks guys, am i able to run the 25 mm insulator aswel as the air to air plate for the intercooler?

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
never herd of anyone doing that^^^^^^.....think the charger will stick thru the bonnet...