Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Supercharged

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
hey i been thinking bout getting a aftermarket transmission cooler for my vx calais supercharged and was wondering is there anything good or bad about these i have herd differnt things bout both some say keep the standard cooler in radiator but can fail and water can get into your trans or can get the after market cooler and people say they can keep them to cool and do harm ect, so what do use think?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
With an after market transcooler you do not bypass the radiator cooler, it's is additional cooling aid. The return line goes to the radiator, then from the radiator to the larger aftermarket cooler and then back to the trans. If you bypassed the radiator cooler you would cook your transmission.
The oil to air cooler that comes standard on Automatic Commodores is commonly referred to as the "hairy pipe" and sits horizontally in front of the lower part of the radiator. This is the part you'd be replacing with a larger cooler.
Definitely a mod worth doing.

make out

Reaction score
Definitely worth it, pretty easy to install yourself.

Most of the kits on ebay are the PWR ones and of good quality.

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
Thanks for the reply, Do u know where a tutorial is for installing a trans cooler