Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx temp

jimmythesaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx acclaim
hi there just wondering if anyone can help ,,,,got vx commodore when driving when its cold,, temp goes to hot then goes back down got it checked out and they said raidartor needs bleeding,, done that now seems to be getting hot and you can hear water boiling in top raidator hose and water comes out from bottom of overflow when i turn car off,,,anyone got any ideas ,,,,cheers!

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
If you can hear water boiling that means you have air in you're system, Water needs Air to boil, If there is no air the water can not boil, So just bleed it again and make sure to have you're heater on, Also if you have any leaks ie: heater core-radiator ect that will allow air into the system and you will continue to have this problem.
So just bleed it really good with heater on, make sure you get all the air out and u should be good to go..
And if u hear boiling after doing that then u still have air in there...
Good luck!

cmarico

Rollin..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina II
I'm not sure about the VX, but assuming it is the same as my VT V6 you will need to remove the engine cover and unscrew the small screw on top of the thermostat. This is afaik the highest point in the cooling system, and as such air will be trapped here.

What I normally do:
- Remove Radiator Cap
- Remove Screw on top of thermostat housing
- Start Car, Heater on, A/C OFF
- Add water to keep full. It can take a while for warm water to make its way through the heater etc. My car normally takes 15 minutes or so to do this properly.
- Constantly add water to keep it topped up. When the car is warm, you should see water coming out of the hole where the screw was. I normally squirt some water through the radiator, make the water piss out of the hole while screwing the screw back on.
- Keep topping up, put radiator cap on. Fill Overflow.
- Let car cool (can take a while).
- Check/Top up.

I've done this and it's never caused me an issue. Maybe someone has a better/shorter way of explaining it.

Remember, make sure the car is cool otherwise you will scold yourself. Good luck!

jimmythesaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx acclaim
thanks ive done that and seems to be goin good now no problem thanks for the help,,,,