Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx v6 dash screen not working?

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Hey guys have recently been given for my old lady to drive around from my sister as no1 was using the vx since her and bf got new cars, it's a 01 vx v6 equip, few things wrong with it hear and there but nothing majorly wrong with it beside the screen on the dash witch has the "distance to empty" functions does not have a light behind it ( May just be a little bulb so that could be a easy fix ) but wen I press the mode buttons nothing's happing just stays on "dis to empty" is that normal in the equips coz my mates got the vx s pack and has a lot more then just that, if any1 has some info would be greatly appreciated :) cheers

kyled2012

I.T. Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6
There would definitely be more than Distance to empty, you will also have Odometer, tripmeter, speed alert (or digital speedo).
Sounds like the mode buttons might not be plugged in, does the little red light next to the mode buttons flash when the engine is off? And when you press the mode buttons do they make the dash beep?

If no to both of those, the buttons might not be plugged in, and you may have to remove the dash surround to plug it back in.

Last edited: