Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX V6 EFI Module Contact Issue

richtr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto Series II Equipe
how's it going everyone? long time lurker here.

recently i've been having to jump out of the car & jiggle the efi module connector whenever the module decides to cut power to the engine due to what i can only assume is a loose terminal. i've cleaned the male & female pins extensively & there are no signs of corrosion or anything like that, but sometimes when i get the thing sitting just right it can stay put for hours, days even. my guess is that the female pins simply aren't making tension anymore, as i feel none being applied by the connector when i push it in; without the small bolt holding it in, it would surely fall out. i know that the module itself is fine as it the car runs smooth as butter, even under intense heat. i make sure to change the thermal paste regularly to ensure it doesn't cark it later on.

would i be correct in assuming it's a good idea to re-terminate the connector altogether? maybe whip something up that's mounted somewhere nice & secure in the engine bay & chop the female end off in favour of some screw terminals or something while soldering some 18 gague to the male pins...?

the main thing i'm worried about is that i'll go out of my way to bodge in a custom/more secure connector only to find out the contact issue is somewhere else, possibly even inside the god-forsaken module.

cheers & thanks for reading.