Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx v6 manual wont start

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
Hey guys drove to work this morning and parked a tad bit close to the car next to me. i tried to start the car up again to move it however when i try to crank the engine all i can hear is a clicking noise. When the ignition is on i can hear a fainter clicking coming from the fusebox area.
And also my dashlights went dim most of the time when trying and the odometer was showing - - - - - -.

Going to try jumpstart it on my lunchbreak to see if its the battery or is the starter motor faulty?

Thanks guys any help is much appreciated

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Sounds like a flat battery to me.

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
Sorry if this was a bit of a dumb question but the battery was only about a year old and showed no sign of dieing prior. Turned out the battery was completely flat and wont hold charge at all. Hopefully i can find my reciept for the battery

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check your alternator also

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
Winter can make a battery fail no problems, my battery just turned 2 and was showing signs of being tied so I replaced it with a new Century 68 620CCA from Supercheap for $185 and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i use delco batteries from preston motors
530cca and trade price $80 list price $150

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Cold weather will highlight any problems with the battery and it will all of a sudden stop working. Over the last 7 years I've had 3 batteries die at this time of year (in different cars)

D

devilly

after summer i always check my water levels,and also check the side walls of battery for anything swollen as this means a cell is collapsing,from my understanding.

I always put demineralized water in mine :)

TheBigBopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Series 2 VS V6 Executive Sedan Stealth Weapon
right here the correct answer right here!
simple ya bloody starter motor has seized and died on you right there just like that! and its a tow truck job and a cab home!
Do not keep sending massive amounts of battery amps down the line to a dead end starter cause your wasting your time and your actually messing around with alot of current creating and unstable surge risk to the entire electrical system which will for example cook the 60amp main fixed fusible link in the centre of under bonet fuse compartment supplying power to the cabin fuse box under the dash leaving the cabin electrically dead !
good luck with it...
cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
right here the correct answer right here!
simple ya bloody starter motor has seized and died on you right there just like that! and its a tow truck job and a cab home!
Do not keep sending massive amounts of battery amps down the line to a dead end starter cause your wasting your time and your actually messing around with alot of current creating and unstable surge risk to the entire electrical system which will for example cook the 60amp main fixed fusible link in the centre of under bonet fuse compartment supplying power to the cabin fuse box under the dash leaving the cabin electrically dead !
good luck with it...
cheers.
Do you actually read the threads? Once again it wasn't the starter motor but a flat battery.