Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX V6 Thermostat

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
I have to install a VX V6 thermostat tomorrow, I had a look at super cheap auto they have them plus the grey gasket, in a thread I read here there was mention of a thermostat O ring, do these use a sealing O ring or just the grey gasket when installing the thermostat any thoughts or tips would be appreciated

Regards Chris

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
VX uses a gasket, about $2. Use sealant on it as well. DO yourself a favour and get teh Tridon High Flow Thermostat. Ask them for the Part No, as some places dont know it. You get it with the standard temp 190+, but with the higher flow gives you the benefits of a cooler 180 thermo without messing up the computer and engine fans.... MOst part places can order it for you.

deanos70

Reaction score
heres a link to the tridon website , they work well the hi flow thermos , open the link below and put in your vehicle details, i think you will find the part number for the hi flow thermostat is

TT2003-195 Thermostat (High Flow) 08/2001 08/2002 High flow thermostats allow approximately 30% more coolant flow than STD thermostats.

TTG46 Thermostat Gasket Paper style gasket. Sealing compound should be used.

just double check if and when ordering

Tridon | Part Finder