Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX/VU Cup Holders

Walshy227

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VU S Ute
Hi there,

The cup holders in a VX/VU Commodore are pretty bad in my opinion - they are two small and I find it awkward to change gears when there is a drink in the driver side holder. Surely I am not the only one that thinks this.

So my question is - has anyone added extra cup holders anywhere else in their car that is practical?

The ones in my dad's VY are great (big, deep and in line on the passenger side, as well as two next to the stereo)

Any pictures or ideas would be cool, I am just curious and can't find anything.

Cheers
Julian

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Only place I can think of is change the Radio to a single DIN and use the other spot for a pull out cup holder. However I had one of those in another car and it was even worse to change gears.

Don't think your gonna have much luck unless you make a custom one, The VX don't really have much room to work with.

D

devilly

make your passenger hold there drink and then use there side to put yours :)

would have to extend the console back and total re make it.you can't go forward so would have to go backward.

where cupholder is could be the place for a lift up console and then behind it for cupholder.but then you would have to reach backward making it unsafe.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
Just bore a large cup sized hole into the lift up console storage bin lid, directly behind the cup holders it has now.

I would put the hole straight through the lid, and re-upholster it. That way a tapered cup can sit right down through the hole and won't be loose or wobble in corners.