Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX VU:- How to change shocks and springs

thomsond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Thanks for the posts. Was very helpful!

Although it took me almost all day to change the front struts because those nuts on the top of the struts were almost impossible to get off!!

And then when I finally got the second nut off and lifted off the top bearings it came appart and I spent about an hour collecting up those little ball bearings then repacking the bearing with grease. Found them all which was lucky!

Also my sway bar link was bent on one side so i replaced that too.

The rear shocks were so easy in comparison to the front struts in my wagon.

My car is running back to good now. No more rattling in the front when going over bumps. And no more car shuddering when braking. Happy dayz.

VZsv6-182

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
quite helpful dude thanks... got me through sum of the things i was unsure about... the job is challenging in parts but rewarding. didnt have to compress the front spring in mine when gettin them out, only a little bit when undoin it or wateva..

shanz91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
good read :) will the process be the same for my vr wagon ? i want to make sure before i tackle it myself cant find anything for a vr wagon on here :eek:

nicosped

Reaction score
Members Ride
white 2005 vz ute
i have ssl springs for the rears of my vz ute and cant get my hands on a spring compressor can some one give me a hand on how to do it with out it

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
Thank you boss, good write up its exactly the same for the vt sedan will be doing mine tommorow just to lows

Coxy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7L
Good write up mate, Just thought id also add in the HOLDEN Repair manual you MUST!! replace those front shocker bolts on the bottom they are a torque to yield bolt only a once of use....just thought id add that pretty important.

Shaun m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Just wondering, If I went from standard vt springs/shocks, to super low springs/shocks is a camber kit necessary ? And how do you tell if your vt series 1 acclaim is IRS?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Yes you will require a camber kit if you want, your rears will wear quicker.

Yes your VT is IRS.

Dom the chef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hi ,
this is my first vy v8 since I migrated to NZ. His car has 255/30/20 rear and 235/35/20 front. They are rubbing. So I want to change front shocks and springs and possibly rear springs. What type of springs and shocks do I need. Cheers
Dom

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Why do you want to change the shocks and springs if its rubbing? Where is it rubbing anyway?