Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX VU:- How to change shocks and springs

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
springs can sag, see if someone who has new standard shocks (gas standard replacement) and springs can give you a wheel lip to guard measurement to see how much they have sagged, if you do the struts do the top mount and bearing as well

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
springs can sag, see if someone who has new standard shocks (gas standard replacement) and springs can give you a wheel lip to guard measurement to see how much they have sagged, if you do the struts do the top mount and bearing as well

Cheers...........

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hey all just the topic on springs....

would new springs create an effect on braking when coming to a complete stop the car would nudge back momentarily (not necessarily aggressive or problematic) but I was wondering whether the radius rod bushes would need a replacement (they're pretty busted regardless). I noticed after changing my springs (king springs standard height) and brakes the car would do a little "jump" the best way to describe it, I've seen around forums that new radius rod bushes would help the rigidity of the car when braking. Would appreciate any advice cheers!

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Easy way to see if your radius rod bushes are flogged is to get someone to drive along and jump on the brakes while you watch from the outside. When they stop, get them to leave their foot on the brake. You will notice the wheel will be sitting further back in the arch and when they release the brake the front wheel will jump forward.

The front radius rod bushes are easy to replace. Just run it up on some stands and remove/replace however you might want to do the rear radius rod bushes while your at it and they are a little bit more time consuming. Check out Youtube for a decent video on it.

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yupp sounds about right looks like one more thing I gotta replace before I get an alignment done... by the way are there just two bushes for each control arm and rod? Been looking around eBay there’s a lot of different packages

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Sweet mate I was just wondering whether it’s better to go polyurethane for these bushes. Considering theyre under tension and movement a lot I assume it would be best ? I’ve got super pro for the sway bar links they go alright

A kit like this will do both ends of the radius rod.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOLATHANE-FRONT-BUSH-KIT-CONTROL-ARM-RADIUS-ROD-SUIT-VT-VX-VY-COMMODORE-EVOCOM5C/172974583590?epid=20017003485&hash=item284616af26:g:k2kAAOSwoPtbEJqc&_sacat=0&_nkw=radius+rod+bushes+vt&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Nolathane, Superpro and Whiteline are probs the only brands i use and infact i've never had a problem with any of their bushings over several cars.