Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Water Leaking into Drivers Footwell!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
Hello All!
What a wet end to the week.

Go to get in today, low and behold the floor is soaked. With a grimace I get in, twist my head and see that all the wiring, BCM etc whatever else is under there is also soaked and dripping. The car still starts and works fine but whew it's stressing me out a bit.

Locating the leak is easier said than done; done the classic hose trick pouring water over the front but can't really see much coming through (though was dark and pissing with rain, will try again tomorrow).

I've posted some photos on the off chance that some of you can see something immediately wrong or perhaps my suspicion was correct about the tiny gap in the Windshield rubber.

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

5cd016415b.jpg

5cd011f800.jpg

5cd007d3e5.jpg

5cd0357fe2.jpg

5cd03124e7.jpg

5cd0229aa7.jpg

5cd029048a.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
+ Most of the drop area seemed to be focused above the accelerator pedal.

R

Risky

Take the wiper arms off & the plastic surrounds. Have a look at the seams as this will be the problem. I had the same problem with my ute. I ended up re-sealing everything.

Rat vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk executive
I know this is an old thread but about to look for this problem, only noticeable after heavy rain, drivers floor very wet. 2001 vx police ss.
Anybody know of a common issue?