Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx wheels

plasmid2

Reaction score
G'day to all,

Some time ago I had my 2001 VX lowered on king springs and had a set of 17inch wheels put on it. Seven years down the track all the chrome from the wheels are starting to peel off and it's looking pretty bad!

My question is, am I able to go back to original wheels (15 inch) or something like the interceptors (15 inch)? Will this work on a lowered car or do I need to raise the car to original height again?

Sorry about the silly question.

Cheers in advance.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Silly Question , NAH , dumb , Yeah . Course u can mate wont make no difference , i take it that you will be gettin ur wheels sorted an putting em back on . Cause it'll look pretty daft with stockies on it

plasmid2

Reaction score
At the moment thinking about putting stockies back on. Just thinking about the cost of getting the current ones fixed. Also in the long run it will cheaper to replace 15 inch tires than the 17 inch tires. Budget is a bit tight and third baby on the way!!

First I have to try and track down some stockies as I did not keep the old ones. Does anyone remember what the width of the original rim was? Is it 15x7?

Cheers.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Yeah 15 x 7 sounds about right , google , VX specifications ull get all the info you need

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i did the same from 15" to 17"

same size my speedo is only 2k off

going back makes no difference