Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx wont start intermittently

rayzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hi there
I have a 02 vx that starts perfectly most of the time. but sometimes it will turn over as per normal and try to start but fails. give it a rest for a few minutes and it starts perfectly. can be after a long trip or a short trip. have changed plugs and fuel filter. .any help would be greatly appreciated oh and it done 204km

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Could be the battery in the key fob running out of juice. Have you tried the spare key? I had a similar problem with my VX and replaced the battery. Note the battery in the key fob is soldered and I had to get a replacement battery with solder tabs attached.

rayzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
thank you for that. I will carry my spare key and try it next time it has the problem... thank you

Com91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sportswagon Black/UC Torana Hatch
If it cranks it's unlikely to be the key but worth a try, could be a few things, crank angle sensors are common on the V6's typically fails when hot try pouring water over the crankshaft pulley. Goodluck!

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Mine used to do the same so I would remove the key, reinsert it and car would start.
Eventually I replaced the remote battery and no more no starties.