Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX XU6 advice on Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter

xihobbsyix

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VX XU6 series 2
Hi guys I've just got myself a HSV VX XU6
and was after some advice on what exhaust system to install I don't want to loose any HP with it either Equal or better I want
Also what would make a nice sound with out drowning out the charger
Thanks in Advance
specs are its pretty much stock as the fella I got it off didn't have much mechanical knowledge to do any thing
I'm wanting to take it to stage 2 then finally stage 3 if this info helps :driving: :driving:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Your mods will entirely depend on your budget. The more you spend, the better the result.

Being a super 6 it will benefit from a decent exhaust. But a decent exhaust doesn't come cheap. You can get a cheap exhaust, but it won't perform as well as a good one.

"Stage" modifications don't really mean much at all. Certain performance shops label packages as stages but every shop will have different components for their "stages". What you want to do is have an end result in mind. What do you want to achieve? Do you want a fast street car or do you want a fast strip car that you can drive on the street? Think about your goal, then do some research into cost involved, then look at your bank balance to see if it will support that. Or if you aren't able to afford it all at once, do it in bits. Upgrade the things that will handle more power, then upgrade the things that will give you more power.

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
My XU6 came with rattling cats when I bought it earlier this year and I replaced them with Magna flows from Rob Bliss here in Brisbane.
Gave it a noticeably deeper growl under load and much better performance although I attribute the performance due to the originals being well stuffed.

Annoyed I didn't keep the originals though, I had 2 different cats and thought someone had cheaped out in the past.
That was before I realised it was the pilot vehicle and one of the factory "upgrades". lol