Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX2 Equipe Standard Speakers

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
Just put a Kenwood head unit in to replace the standard unit. It gives an improved quality sound.

Having a peek through the grilles at the door speakers, they appear to be 6 inch dual cone speakers.

Are these standard for Holden in this model ?

I would have thought that they would be single cone units, otherwise Holden would have counted them as two speakers instead of one.

Are they 6 inch or 6.5 Inch ?

I would like to try some new units in the doors to try and improve the sound quality further.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has expertise in this area oir who has recently upgraded their door speakers.

The Equipe came with a slightly upgarded Stereo system ( Berlina Specs )

Cheers

Peter

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
i recently did my VT door speakers, here's a pic of what came out and what went in....
167620_174466959261027_125765504131.jpg

The new Kenwood's fitted straight in, with the magnet only JUST touching the plastic shroud at the back...
Here's a link to the sizes of them, I wouldn't recommend going ANY bigger speaker, as you'll have to chop and modify the plastic shroud.
http://www.kenwood.eu/view.aspx?url...files/image/997/8/original/KFC-S702P-size.jpg

Final product:
168673_174464962594560_125765504131.jpg

Tweeters in factory position using factory mounting as well:
179061_174465592594497_125765504131.jpg

Hope this helps!
Spudley.

turbobrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS Commodore 6 speed.
nice speaker install!

I installed 6.5" German Maestro in the front of my VX SS, the tweeter was straight forward, but the speaker was slightly large for the plastic speaker cup, so I had to use spacers.

I originally used wooden spacers from MDF, but they fell appart after a few heavy door closes, so I went plastic, had to dremel the side out slightly to make for a nice tight fit into the door, but they are clean and look solid.

B.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
I don't think Berlina came with any different speakers appose to stock? Calais did, Maybe a Premium upgrade option but Berlina from factory did not come with anything special...

^Boomnvn^ Don't forget to seal of your doors, And get some Dynamat in there asap.

Super6.

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
I don't think Berlina came with any different speakers appose to stock? Calais did, Maybe a Premium upgrade option but Berlina from factory did not come with anything special...

^Boomnvn^ Don't forget to seal of your doors, And get some Dynamat in there asap.

Super6.

sorry mate, what do u mean to seal my doors? with dynamat?
I've got a stash of dynamat under my bed at the moment and will be doing all that as soon as I amp the speakers. for now, they're still running off the factory eurovox deck with my iphone in the CD input, so I'm not going to be winning any comps with that for starters! lol

Also, mine is the most povo pack of the VT's yet it still has the factory tweeters (but no cruise, no abs, no pass. airbag), so i believe all models will have them too.

cheers,
spudley.

turbobrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS Commodore 6 speed.
All models have the splits, but they are basic splits using a capacitor on the woofer, so both speakers are getting feed of all signal.

Proper splits will isolate signal, and feed the tweeter with treble, and the woofer with all.

With regards to dynamatting or other sound deadening, this is only worth looking into when running an amp, although it will block out road noises and other interfering sounds, it would increase the quality of the sound. Dont forget rubber deflectors in behind the speakers so that you dont get a re-bound of audio waves.