Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX2 Equipe Standard Speakers

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
Just put a Kenwood head unit in to replace the standard unit. It gives an improved quality sound.

Having a peek through the grilles at the door speakers, they appear to be 6 inch dual cone speakers.

Are these standard for Holden in this model ?

I would have thought that they would be single cone units, otherwise Holden would have counted them as two speakers instead of one.

Are they 6 inch or 6.5 Inch ?

I would like to try some new units in the doors to try and improve the sound quality further.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has expertise in this area oir who has recently upgraded their door speakers.

The Equipe came with a slightly upgarded Stereo system ( Berlina Specs )

Cheers

Peter

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
i think it's 6" std. but 6.5" is easy to fit too

a question... is the corner sail panel with the grille next to the mirrors where the tweeters are?

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
i think it's 6" std. but 6.5" is easy to fit too

a question... is the corner sail panel with the grille next to the mirrors where the tweeters are?

Good question,

I always thought the tweeters in a VX2 Commodore are the small grille on each extreme of the dash where the winscreen meets the dash.

I just had a look at the sail panel you speak of but I cannot hear anything coming out. Must be an air vent.

I will check in the manual tomorrow.

Cheers

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hi there yes its a vent, indeed the small grills you speak of are the tweeters very hard to replace, if one was such inclined.