Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXII Berlina sedan shocks advice appreciated..

madcapmagician

Phatburger fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Berlina 3.8
Hi
My VXII Berlina is really getting on my nerves. The ride is so rough and harsh I feel every little imperfection and I don't want to because I've got some health issues. The car is stock in every respect, the shocks were replaced about 3 years ago and they are monroe gas shocks front and rear, tyres are michelin XM1s in bog standard size and are approaching 12 months old.

Question is, how can I improve the ride? New shocks? New tyres? Both? I'm hearing that gas shocks are always firmer than oil but don't know if this is true for 'all' gas shocks...

I'm not looking to change ride height at all, just really want to get a more comfortable ride.

Any suggestions?

Thanks heaps
Pete

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
My suggestion is to put in Monroe GT Gas shocks. i have had these in my VT since the week after i bought it 4 years ago

michelin XM1s are a great tyre in my opinion.
I have always bought these. very quiet and smooth ride all round.

I got 80,000 + kms out of the first set i bought . now onto a 2nd set of four
they have been on 3 different cars lol. I have taken the tyres with me each car i had and have done around 60,000 kms still got tread

I would be looking at your front end suspension.

my best advice yet is to take it to Pedder's and get a $14 safety check. there is no obligation to get the work done there
they will check it right over and let you know of any suspension parts or Bushes worn .

keep us updated on your situation.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Try the KYB shocks bloody brilliant. my combination is lovell springs kyb short shocks. my old set-up was selby/kings springs with factory shocks. road like ****. the new set-up is brilliantly smooth. i hit speed humps at 3 times the recommended speeds and never rub a thing.

But as the 2nd poster has suggested look into the front end. with my car that was the hardest ride of the suspension. ive changed mushrooms inner and outer bushes. chassis bushes front and rear. and just did my tie rod ends. it makes a very big change to the smoothness of the front.