Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXII Berlina Speaker Grill

B-T-GiZzLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina
g'day gents just wondering what the situation is with removing the speaker grills in order to remove the speaker.

do you need to take the whole door skin off or what?

i was reading a similair thread but no real consensus was reached!

just wondering if it is possible to take them off and if so, how!

cheers!

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
The door speakers are removed by 3 screws, You need to remove the door card trim to access them.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
hkmonaro68 said:
The door speakers are removed by 3 screws, You need to remove the door card trim to access them.

yep, also if ur lookin' 2 change tha speakers it would make life much easier to take off tha whole door card.

Cheers,
Infin8

B-T-GiZzLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina
hkmonaro68 said:

do you mean the 3 screws that run along the bottom of the door panel? so i only need to take the bottom half of the door off?

Infin8 said:
yep, also if ur lookin' 2 change tha speakers it would make life much easier to take off tha whole door card.

Cheers,
Infin8

well the drama is that i've got some 2 month old :bang: JL audio XR splits in there and the one in the drivers door sounds ****ed up, so i'm tryna check it out to see what the damage is and replace it if need be, so it would be a straight swap...

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
you will have to remove the whole door trim to get to the speaker... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

B-T-GiZzLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina
BOGANV8 said:
you will have to remove the whole door trim to get to the speaker... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thats what i was afraid of...is it dificult or what? i did it a few times with my old car a VN which wasn't too much drama but this ones got electrics runnin into it and all kindsa stuff..

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
any one thats done it have any pics? that would help heaps

littlejon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
This is for the VT but i assume it is a similar process

You will need to undo all the screws you can find around the outside of the trim. Then using a tiny flat blade screw driver with the door unlocked popout the red bit (this will release the locking nob) then undo the screw in there.

Then remove the little piece that is in the door handle (with the tiny screw driver) then there is a screw in there. Remove the door handle, undo the screw behind that. Then the rest should be brute force and ignorance.

Pull the door card away from the door. Then once it is clear from all the clips, push up from the bottom of the trim and it should release.

Have fun.

B-T-GiZzLe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina
cheers jon, much appreciated!

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
This is for the VT but i assume it is a similar process

You will need to undo all the screws you can find around the outside of the trim. Then using a tiny flat blade screw driver with the door unlocked popout the red bit (this will release the locking nob) then undo the screw in there.

Then remove the little piece that is in the door handle (with the tiny screw driver) then there is a screw in there. Remove the door handle, undo the screw behind that. Then the rest should be brute force and ignorance.

Pull the door card away from the door. Then once it is clear from all the clips, push up from the bottom of the trim and it should release.

Have fun.

well described, spot on. it is tha same process for a VX as well.

Cheers,
Infin8