Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXII Clubby R8 Cheap amp+sub install Qs.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
the Audioline amp you linked to is 300watts.
the Kicker amp is only rated at 100watts (I'd probably avoid this package)
the Cadence, I'm guessing is the model rated at 250watts. (actually, its more likely to be the monoblock, rated at 200watts at 4ohm)

Hmm...... I have much to learn, I see how its 300watts now... Didn't before...
But okay, will stay away form thee packages... lol

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Im guessing your meaning High-Low Level Converter? haha sorry just never heard it that way but yer same thing, and yes that would be your best bet, and to answer your question about LOC it means Line Out Converter. ( same thing )

Cheers for all that man,

So... do you know if when using a LOC you can splice into a line? or will this reduce the power to the original speaker...? As I do not plan on re-wiring onto it to amp it, as I only want to fit up a sub.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
haha, these packages will suit someone fine depending on the intended application. In your case your not after something that when you turn your stereo on, every car alarm in the car park goes off!! Thats why they make these packs. They add bass to a stock or upgraded system without a sub.

Just because the rms rating is higher, doesnt mean you will be getting larger SPL, ( calculations may prove that Power is proportional to SPL ) but box size, port size and Box type will always make a huge difference.

A ported enclosure will normally give a higher SPL value than a sealed enclosure, so possibly the cadence or kicker could be louder than the sealed audioline box.

Like i said before i had the kicker sub and box at 150w rms and it was louder than a mate who had the 250w cadence.

But for your application, any of these packs will supply you with more bass ( if i can even say MORE bass because compared to a sub a stock system will have NO BASS!! haha) hope this helps a little.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
If you run your LOC in parallel with the line ( the only possible way you would i think ) then no power will be lost, infact a power gain if the LOC has any internal resistance due to the resistance drop in speakers, assuming the stock HU can cope with resistance drop but anyway thats getting off the topic as i don't think an LOC has much of an internal resistance.... correct me if i'm wrong :/

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
I wouldn't get the Audioline sub, its quite likely a shallow mount sub, and its in a small sealed box.

if you can afford the space, then a ported box will almost always be louder.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
agreed, so you think the cadence or kicker? given the budget?

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
well yer second hand is also in the options... i forgot about that haha, and yer, hey ammo, i have a question for you, what do you think of hifonics amps? and also have you worked with alpine type r's before? or know of an option around the 600w rms mark thats better?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Okay... Cool, well...

Thoughts on this....?

Cheap, I realize not very powerful as its rated to 120w (apparent max 360w but rated 120w), but likely effect to just add some bass to my music..

And yes, not going for ear bleeding fun.. Or even vibrating my nose so much I wanna sneeze.. Just enough to add some extra kick and feel to my death metal.. lol