Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXii Front suspension/steering issue

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by MiKExAUS, May 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vc commodore

vc commodore Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

In my job, I have seen standard height cars that have had inner tyre wear on the rear due to camber, even when they were new.....I have also seen slightly lowered cars where tyre wear issues are like yours. Non existant. So you could say, the luck of the draw with that....

2. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    Wow such a long explanation for something so simple as to the mechanical fitting of 6 washers for a common front end. The caster settings were given in the previous posts which you kindly skipped :)

:)
    :)

Funny you asked me after my post to OP, what about the other supplied washers ;) well see if you can guess where the other 3 where placed to get a straight ahead setting ????.

So whats the address for the wheel alignment ??? :)

3. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    Standard vt/vx car rears dont have wear issues, I've had 2 models and no problem if you rotate and align tyres, have seen lil wear issues on lowered clubsports from not rotating tyres and paying for a alignment, most rear tyres don't get a chance to be rotated after being abused by wheelspin. :)

4. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    A bit broad. VT S1 was notorious for it.

5. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Caster settings weren't skipped douche bag....I said and it was quoted by you....GENERALLY....The rest explains why I said GENERALLY

If you knew even a little bit about this area, you would understand, but of course you don't...Just posting crud up trying to be a hero and failing at it

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  6. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

So how many have you actually dealt with? I deal with 2 per day generally...

With that said, why whould I align your car? Obvious you knnow more than me.

Oh and I'll definately message you my work address...Just make sure you bring my engine scum bag....

7. MiKExAUS

MiKExAUS Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS A4 Series II
    Would you recommend doing the rear subframe bushes? Mine are a bit cracked and soft (when using a prybar) but don't think they're causing too much of an issue. But if it makes the ride even better I would be willing to get another alignment after replacing. It's amazing how all the rubber bushes in the front have reduced the cabin noise so if I could reduce it even more I'm open to it! Plan to have the car for a long time.. Thanks again. Last question, promise!

8. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Firstly ask as many questions as you like...It's the only way you will learn...VIN owes me an engine and all he is trying to do on here is big note himself with stuff he knows nothing about.

By the sounds of your bushes, they are original, so replacing them would be beneficial, in terms of making the car a little more stable to drive with the rear.....You see, movement within the bushes allows the rear to move around to take up the slack the worn bushes have got. So having new bushes in there, means no slack, which turns into no movement in the rear....

Hope it helps and do feel free to ask questions...You don't ask you'll never know:)

immortality likes this.
  9. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Its behaver like this that destroys this forum, Seems Vin999 is a abused member as myself this crap needs to stop, as for your engine go and take your sooky story somewhere else, you tell everyone about it yet you haven't giving any proof you brought it from him, far as we know you just making it up to cause another argument with a member. This has no place on here keep your private matters out of it.

10. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Oh so you and VIN are best buddies again.....

Proof...How do you know whether I have proof or not? Have you been inside my house and gone through all my personal belongings to check it all out?

VIN is getting the same treatment as he gave me pal...The same applies with you....

11. Trevor loves holden.

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Nope don't now him I treat everyone with curtesy and respect and don't call out names every day, yes I mentioned that Shane and Vin was one as at the time it seemed like it do you want me to apologize ok I'm sorry, Shane and Vin my apologies for my action.
    I don't go around pulling people down like yourself, you and lover and whatever seem to love pulling people down, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all, its abuse, slander and a form of bulling. Keep with the thread not ranting bs smart arse comments it solves nothing.

12. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

So you speak crap about other people and when it's returned to you, you scream blue murder....:rolleyes:o_O

You got proof whether I bought the engine or not?

Tried to resolve the engine issue via pm's with VIN.....

I'd resolve the problem with you via pm but you won't allow it....Generally when people don't allow this stuff is because they have something to hide

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  13. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    Regardless the fact you made a big deal about the washer position after my post :) Don't sweat it, I didn't think you'll post the mechanical washer position without all your raving onnnnnnnn about you know what. its quite simple actually, I set up my nolathane bushes and the 6 washer positions and factory large washes myself and then wheel aligner checked them when he done the car.

Also look forward to your work address for an alignment and its a good recommendation for other OP's to use so not to be scammed by dubious wheel/tyre stores. :)

PS Post the address on here in this thread for all to see, not pm, just in case you say you sent it along with all the other pm's I didn't receive :)

14. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    All good tlh, no need to apoligise, that issue was sort by @immortality months ago, no need to talk about old past sheet like the others seem to take pleasure in. :)
    All that counts is I know shane is NOT ME and its obvious to me who shane really is, not hard to figure out. ;)

On the your issue with the other band of musketeers/backyard wreckers....
    I learnt a mathematical term/saying a long time ago @ Its the sum of all parts that make up the whole.... It’s very helpful when trying to work out who is who in areas of debate. ;)

15. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    Lastly on this issue of incorrect/false statements about PM's, none received from user VC commodore to me. END OF STORY :) MOVE ON :) TRY SOMEONE ELSE GULLIBLE :)

Hmmm the good thing about Just Commodores is the large database of very good useful info that helps users find problems to fix issues on their cars. This is an example of what can be found along with many others on this subject of smoking engines issues. :)
    Hmm some suggestions for you @vc commodore about your supposedly issue with an engine purchase ....

Here in SA a consumer has a few options in any fraudulent exchanges, I suggest you gather all info like names, addresses, phone numbers and any other info from your dealings with people in any purchases/transactions and go to local police station and make a stat dec and complaint. The police will track down the said person and take statements and then maybe take the matter further if it is a true situation. :) Simples

Also available is to proceed over to your local Magistrates court, lodge forms, pay fees to sue the alleged person for any fraudulent transaction and again the courts like the police will track down where ever the said person is and duly serve the court summons to appear. :) Simples

There is no need for you to huff and puff and launder false bullsheet story/info on any public forum. :)
    Tells us how you go as you mentioned many times on here, info is good to know for other OP’s for future issues on this forum. :) simples

16. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    This is an example for my previous post, there are more about wrongly rebuilt engines on this forum by @vc commodore but I couldn't be bothered to drag more past sheet out to show anyone's true colours.

17. Vin999

Vin999 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vsedan
    When you got wheel alignment done, the rear bushes would have been checked and ok, so if thats the case, is there a another need to change the rear bushes. Also depending what you use if you change them, be aware especially nolathane and some others, though very good for suspension stiffness and alignment tend to be a bit noisier in ride to the softer/weaker factory ones. Your choice which to use if you proceed down that path of change.:)

18. Trevor loves holden.

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Got nothing to hide if you cant tell me on here then you got something to hide, the reason I don't want it because I have to deal with enough abuse from 3 of you most of the time I don't want it in my private box also.

I hope you don't speak to your customers the way you do to members on here. No wounder you wont give out your workshop address.

19. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

Fact is, you need caster readings to know the exact positioning of these washers to make the car drive straight.....Have a read up on caster, how straightening of Zbars and the pushing in of the z-bar point of the k-frame effects caster, how positioning of washers effect caster then come back on here . Even without these issues, how the positioning of these washers effect caster....What you have written on here is shows you know nothing about caster, so you need to do the research before commenting

Oh and I did pm you the store I work at, just like every other pm, you conveniently don't receive it....Strange how you received the early ones yuo sent me and I replied to and then when this engine came up, you don't get them....

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  20. vc commodore

Members Ride:
    vc commodore

So via pm,or on here, give me your last name Aiden, or your address, so I can then use that information to proceed with civil action....I have taken civil action before, so I know the proccedure

Phone numbers aren't any good, because a voice saying a name doesn't hold any weight and house phone numbers can be put on in anyones name....

Wait for it either way you want to pass it on

Last edited: May 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.