Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXII VY VZ Factory Siren Alarm Question Plz

mourati

Reaction score
I have a VXII (Series 2) Exec - these plus Vy & VZ came with the factory fitted alarm system which beeps a horn under the bonnet (firewall area) if a door or boot or bonnet is opened without first pressing the key fob "unlock" button.

I would like to change the factory horn with something more noticeable / better. What brands are worth looking into? I know Jaycar sell some good sirens but I don't know which ones will work with the factory system. I noticed on the original siren only one wires goes into it. Any assistance or guidance here would be gr8. Cheers all and thanks for your help. :)

mourati

Reaction score
Anyone out there plz able to shed some light on this topic....anyone?

mourati

Reaction score
Sorry people....last try on this matter. Anyone with any advise on this topic???

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
get a higher db alarm i think the std one works fine IMHO loud enough for people to notice. or if you like hook a air horn up to it :) it's just a simple switched circuit when vats detects a unauthorised entry (non button operated unlock atempt) it initiates power to the alarm circut arming the horn relay :)

mourati

Reaction score
do you know of a siren type or make that can be plugged in? for example Jaycar sell a few siren types for car alarms; will any of these be suitable? cheers :)

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
anyone will do as it earths to chassis. the horn style on the commodores are a motorbike style. 2 pinouts only 1 is used (as it earths to frame via mounting)
just make sure it has a simlar blade style pinout or you will need to make an adaptor lead up

so like the good ole days... enny menny miney MOE !! :)

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i think its on calais and upwards but on vy+ they were factory

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
ive got a horn under the front bar and another horn just behind the strut tower on the left hand side with 1 wire hooked to it, im not sure what its for never herf it go off ever