Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXR 12v Power Socket Fuse

mugwomp

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
I probably blew the fuse on the lighter socket when plugging a tyre compressor in yesterday. I've tried 2 compressors in the socket and neither work now. The socket was working previous to this and I know both compressors are working.

I've looked at the manual and it clearly identifies the "compartment 12v power socket" fuse which VXRs don't have but makes no reference to a fuse for the socket in the console. I initially thought it might be the Aux/USB fuse but the USB ports are still working.

I've taken the car to 2 Holden dealer service centres. Neither could help. The car has been booked in to look at this, but it seems ridiculous that I pay to have the service guys research which fuse to replace and pay for labour to replace it.

1. Does anybody know which fuse protects the 12v socket in the console?
2. Does anybody have a schematic that could be used to trace which fuse protects the socket?

Thanks for anybody that may be able to help

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I probably blew the fuse on the lighter socket when plugging a tyre compressor in yesterday. I've tried 2 compressors in the socket and neither work now. The socket was working previous to this and I know both compressors are working.

I've looked at the manual and it clearly identifies the "compartment 12v power socket" fuse which VXRs don't have but makes no reference to a fuse for the socket in the console. I initially thought it might be the Aux/USB fuse but the USB ports are still working.

I've taken the car to 2 Holden dealer service centres. Neither could help. The car has been booked in to look at this, but it seems ridiculous that I pay to have the service guys research which fuse to replace and pay for labour to replace it.

1. Does anybody know which fuse protects the 12v socket in the console?
2. Does anybody have a schematic that could be used to trace which fuse protects the socket?

Thanks for anybody that may be able to help
Can you locate the relevant fuse panel? I am guessing there will be 2 or more panels, one in the engine compartment, one near driver or passenger knees and could be another one close to the battery, if it is not in the engine area.
Usually there is a schematic on the cover plate, which should clip off. Look out for some description that may involve instruments or entertainment or some similar. It will be trial and error bt swapping fuses to find the right one, but still a lot cheaper and lass hassle than the service agent having a go.
Really guessing here, I don't have a ZB so can't suggest where they would be placed in the car.
Maybe the connector has dislodged from the back of the power outlet? There are other stories here of rattles, so this would be an assembly fault.
Next (unpleasant) step I would look for is a damaged/burnt wire or connector due to high current. But the fuse surely would have prevented this overload happening?

mugwomp

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
Can you locate the relevant fuse panel? I am guessing there will be 2 or more panels, one in the engine compartment, one near driver or passenger knees and could be another one close to the battery, if it is not in the engine area.
Usually there is a schematic on the cover plate, which should clip off. Look out for some description that may involve instruments or entertainment or some similar. It will be trial and error bt swapping fuses to find the right one, but still a lot cheaper and lass hassle than the service agent having a go.
Really guessing here, I don't have a ZB so can't suggest where they would be placed in the car.
Maybe the connector has dislodged from the back of the power outlet? There are other stories here of rattles, so this would be an assembly fault.
Next (unpleasant) step I would look for is a damaged/burnt wire or connector due to high current. But the fuse surely would have prevented this overload happening?

Thanks for the ideas. I know where the three fuse panels are, have done everything that makes sense with the exception of just going through the fuses one by one for anything that it would obviously not be. I certainly would hope a fuse blew before a wire burning out :) It does my head in a little that 2 service departments looked at the manual and couldn't tell me which fuse it would be.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Go to stupidcheap auto or some other parts store and buy a test light, clip it to an earth and then touch on both the exposed tips of each fuse until you find the one that doesn't light up.
My car is a CalaisV Tourer but fuse box locations and fuse positions should be the same. The main fuse box is under the bonnet and there is another next to the battery in the boot with a 3rd in the glove box. The glove box panel will be the one that has the power outlet fuse and my guess is it will be fuse 26 as the fuse location in my car for the rear outlet is 26 and on a quick look through the owners manual there is no reference for the console outlet. This power outlet will definitely be fused and may share a common power outlet fuse.

Last edited:

mugwomp

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
My first thought was 26 might be shared but the compartment socket when there is on all the time, while the console socket only when the ignition is on. Aside form that, the VRX does not have the compartment socket so 26 isn't populated.

donwarra

Reaction score
Members Ride
zb rs
Mugwomp,did you find which fuse and where is the fuse located.