Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXR Brake question/issue

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
Hello all...

Hope everyone is keeping safe in this current environment :)

I have a little question and bit of concern with my VXR.

I noticed on Monday after driving a short distance that when I braked I could hear a slight scrap or crunch sound coming from the passenger side front.

I didn't think much of it until the following day I noticed it again. I decided to have a closer look and when I did I noticed on the passenger side front brake caliper pad that a clip looks like it is missing?

A check of the front drivers side and it has a clip...

I have attached photos and wondering if anyone can verify that they both should have clips!

If any other VXR owners could take a photo for me that would be great.

I have booked it in for service next week to sort out what is happening but just curious of how this would happen and if anyone else had this issue.

I have only done 4200kms since new.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200507-181237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200507-181237_Gallery.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Screenshot_20200507-181306_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200507-181306_Gallery.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 310

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Hello all...

I noticed on Monday after driving a short distance that when I braked I could hear a slight scrap or crunch sound coming from the passenger side front.

I didn't think much of it until the following day I noticed it again. I decided to have a closer look and when I did I noticed on the passenger side front brake caliper pad that a clip looks like it is missing?

I have attached photos and wondering if anyone can verify that they both should have clips!

I have booked it in for service next week to sort out what is happening but just curious of how this would happen and if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
GM pox

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Unsure about the clips (unable to check as not at home). My RS-V displayed the same symptom. Ended up requiring new front control arms. Seems to be very common on the Commodore and Buick.
Took a while for the dealer to source parts but I've had no issues since they were replaced.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hello all...

Thanks

Does the clip appear on the passenger side at the bottom of the brake? The part description only shows the pad has a clip on one side. I'm assuming you have Brembo brakes?

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does the clip appear on the passenger side at the bottom of the brake? The part description only shows the pad has a clip on one side. I'm assuming you have Brembo brakes?

Hello... Yes they are Brembo brakes.

The clip is missing from the top of the brake I believe.

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unsure about the clips (unable to check as not at home). My RS-V displayed the same symptom. Ended up requiring new front control arms. Seems to be very common on the Commodore and Buick.
Took a while for the dealer to source parts but I've had no issues since they were replaced.

Oh really? Do you have much more info on this issue? Is it something Holden knows about if I mention it or do you have a tech bulletin?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Is it a clip, or a 'squealer'?

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Oh really? Do you have much more info on this issue? Is it something Holden knows about if I mention it or do you have a tech bulletin?
I'd imagine the dealers should know about it. I cant find any official reference to it but it's discussed here extensively.
https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/front-suspension-noise-looking-for-similar-experience.49726/
When I took mine in I described it as a brake noise and they pegged it on the front left control arm pretty quickly.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
So why according to your profile, do you own 2 GM vehicles if they are pox.....To me, that's a classic sign of a hipacrit (spelling is wrong)
5 actually. VH VL turbo VPBT1 6litre cross 8 E3 R8. All pre GM pox