Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vxr vs calais

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I would have looked into a VXR if I could have fitted comfortably into the Recaro seats, plenty of people don't including the salesman who sold me my car.

Adjustable suspension and the Brembo's are good bit of kit for sure, although I am quite happy with the brakes in my Calais V. Decorative add on bits to make it look a bit sportier in VXR, is personal taste. Plenty of talk that the Calais V ride is a bit firm on 20's and depending upon your taste this could be a fair call. I swapped out my 20 inch rims for some 18's with 45 profile tyres and find the ride-handling fine and a better fit for me than with 20's.

Only you can decide if the VXR is worth the extra money. Much will depend upon what deal you can get for each model.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
RSV how comfortable are those seats? They look pretty exxy

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Dead ringer for the seats in the Calais, pretty sure they're the same.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Dead ringer for the seats in the Calais, pretty sure they're the same.
Same as the Calais-V, the Calais' are 'flatter':

images

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
RSV you missed the question....how comfortable are those seats?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I would have looked into a VXR if I could have fitted comfortably into the Recaro seats, plenty of people don't including the salesman who sold me my car.

Adjustable suspension and the Brembo's are good bit of kit for sure, although I am quite happy with the brakes in my Calais V. Decorative add on bits to make it look a bit sportier in VXR, is personal taste. Plenty of talk that the Calais V ride is a bit firm on 20's and depending upon your taste this could be a fair call. I swapped out my 20 inch rims for some 18's with 45 profile tyres and find the ride-handling fine and a better fit for me than with 20's.

Only you can decide if the VXR is worth the extra money. Much will depend upon what deal you can get for each model.
I reckon my (and maybe wife's) arses are narrow enough to fit in those RSV seats.
Given the prices low mileage second hand ones are going for in Victoria, I'm starting to get interested in buying one.

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
car sales seem to have very thin stock of used / demo vxrs in Victoria in either black / grey. Has anybody have experience getting a red hot deal on a new car price?? Looking at spending $40k max,which is achievable through used car dealer , but frustrating there’s barely many out there

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I don't think Holden have sold many vxr new. They seem to be mostly executive GMH driven which are then auctioned off to the Holden dealers who subsequently sell them. Thus means general motors bear the loss and the dealer network get the car cheaper wholesale as trying to sell one for 60k would be very hard . If you check the warranty book it will state if general motors port Melbourne is the original owner.

Yes there are quite a few white and red . The former most probably company cars and the later a purchaser who wanted a sporty car . i notice that some of these vxr gave done 30k km in 12 months so driven a lot

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
With the VXR is the artificial engine noise only sent through the Bose sound system when in VXR mode or is it all the time?