Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vxr vs calais

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
RSV you missed the question....how comfortable are those seats?
Very,
The side & thigh bolsters are enough to hold you in place, but not so deep as to be intrusive. The seats are very supportive, the extendable / tiltable cushion and adjustable lumbar support allow for a 'custom' fit - four hours to Hervey Bay and there's no back pain... :)

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
I reckon my (and maybe wife's) arses are narrow enough to fit in those RSV seats.
Given the prices low mileage second hand ones are going for in Victoria, I'm starting to get interested in buying one.

Highly recommended :)

I'm far from a lightweight and my generous proportions fit easily. Remember these are also sold in 'Murica, so there's room for most people... A mate of mine is 6'4" and he fits easily too, with plenty of room behind.

There's plenty of 'demo' and ex-Holden drive cars around - make sure you get one registered after July '18 so you get the five-year warranty.

Personally I wanted a wagon, and the RS-V gave me the best options for my money, the only 'toy' I would have liked is adaptive cruise, but the extra $$$ for the Calais-V didn't make financial sense to me. The V6 AWD will leave a smile on your face :)

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
car sales seem to have very thin stock of used / demo vxrs in Victoria in either black / grey. Has anybody have experience getting a red hot deal on a new car price?? Looking at spending $40k max,which is achievable through used car dealer , but frustrating there’s barely many out there
Email all the Victorian dealers with what you're after and let them fight for your business. I wouldn't buy 'new' unless you're comfortable with a fairly significant devaluation...

Look at SA & NSW dealers too - just factor in the full registration costs for an interstate vehicle. And do the usual, aim to close the deal at the end of the month, even better at the end of December.

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
Thanks for all the help ! On a side note , when should we be expecting news on the 2020 commodore ? Will
It be an updated Zb or is it going to be the Cadillac in the form of a new commodore ?

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I'd be voting for either RSV wagon or Calais Tourer wagon (not Calais V) at present prices, at least in Victoria since 2018 models with under 10 kkms can be had for about $32k. Seems there's a step up of about $8k if you want a Calais V or VXR. Agree it would be nice to have better seats, brakes, headlights, adaptive cruise and so on. But on the other hand it would be hard to feel hard done by getting around in one of the currently cheaper options... And if you like tinkering a set of upgraded headlight globes and brake pads would get you most of the way there...

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
You make a good point and I agree mostly. A used RSV is a steal , it’s basically a vxr minus a few bits and pieces, but just doesn’t look as premium I guess and that’s what is putting me off , knowing a vxr in 6
Months time will probably be at second hand rsv prices now..

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Thanks for all the help ! On a side note , when should we be expecting news on the 2020 commodore ? Will
It be an updated Zb or is it going to be the Cadillac in the form of a new commodore ?
Update of the current ZB - minor headlight, grille & tail changes.

Last edited:

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
I'd be voting for either RSV wagon or Calais Tourer wagon (not Calais V) at present prices, at least in Victoria since 2018 models with under 10 kkms can be had for about $32k. Seems there's a step up of about $8k if you want a Calais V or VXR. Agree it would be nice to have better seats, brakes, headlights, adaptive cruise and so on. But on the other hand it would be hard to feel hard done by getting around in one of the currently cheaper options... And if you like tinkering a set of upgraded headlight globes and brake pads would get you most of the way there...
Did you get anywhere with the LED headlight swap?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
You make a good point and I agree mostly. A used RSV is a steal , it’s basically a vxr minus a few bits and pieces, but just doesn’t look as premium I guess and that’s what is putting me off , knowing a vxr in 6
Months time will probably be at second hand rsv prices now..
I'd doubt it, there were far fewer VXRs imported & registered - scarcity will keep the prices higher. And they'll be six months older, with six months less warranty.

Other than the wheels and better seats in the VXR, I'm not sure the look is any less 'premium'. (although those headlights look good...) :)

And those low-price ex-GMH demos are running out...

holden-commodore-holden-commodore-rs-v-liftback-in-abalone-white-colour.l-1512038959309.jpg.pagespeed.ce.rnSA6PvOG0.jpg

holden-commodore-holden-commodore-vxr-liftback-in-summit-white-colour.l-1237021853055.jpg.pagespeed.ce.uBsbm6ZvNQ.jpg