Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXSS Update

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Love those black rims
cheers m8..hard to keep black clean but a hell of alot easier than the multi spoke 20ees i had before and you can get in behind the wheel between the fat spokes to clean it and calipers with ease.. makes the old girl look tuff too..

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I will second this. I have these on the Thunder and the grip in the wet is unbelievable. I had bridgestone before in my old VY SS and it would get lose with the slightest touch on the pedal. These Kumho's however, I'm telling everyone. They a bloody grippy tyre! I have exact same rim/tyre set up as you on mine.
thanks gaiter...these tyres make the cars handling and ride how its supposed to be..there is a massive difference between the atr sports i used to have and these...you pay twice as much per tyre but its well worth it..reminds me of the yokahamas i used to use many years ago, soft rubber and stuck to the road like glue..

R

Risky

Ahhh the old Yokohamas. I miss them so much. They were such a long lasting grippy tyre.

I have to admit my 18" are easier to clean & it still shows off my calipers well. The apprentice over at my friends smash repairs has the same rims on her VX Berlina. Lol she wants to swap it for my ute but I'll never part with it.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
That's an extremely nice , it's in great nick. Are you still using it everyday? You said the cats did not clear with it lowered, there was no other places that didn't. Were the extractors OK, are they flanged and is the exhaust custom made or off the shelf.
There's some great information in your build line, I'm definitely going to get some of that plasi dip to try on my badges

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Cheers afstruct spent alot of time and effort getting it to where it is today.
Yes its my daily drive. The cats clear speed humps since i raised her from super low springs to low springs ( so in between FE2 height and super low) which is perfect now. Also now clears carpark wheel stops which used to be a pain.
The headers/ extractors are pacemakers you can buy off the shelf and bolt up the same as the factory unit, the rest of the exhaust was custom made. Ive since peeled off the plastidip as one day will paint the badges black but its good stuff to test out colours being easily peeled off if you dont like how it looks.