Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXSS Update

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looking good mate...

Quick question with the VE SSV rims what size tyres are u running on them ??? (front + rear)

Also did u have to roll ur guards or anything to fit them ....
Gday, they are 245/35/19 all round. Clears everything and no guard rolling. No scraping
even with people in the back with SLHD King springs...all good...cheers

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Gday, they are 245/35/19 all round. Clears everything and no guard rolling. No scraping
even with people in the back with SLHD King springs...all good...cheers

Oh yeh

Also Did u just use the stock wheel nuts on the SSV rims and how much did it cost to get the lip on the hub machined if u don't mind me asking ???

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Oh yeh

Also Did u just use the stock wheel nuts on the SSV rims and how much did it cost to get the lip on the hub machined if u don't mind me asking ???

No problem. I bought a wheel/ tyre package that came with nuts and they also
Included the centre bore machined but its around $50 bucks a wheel here. I compared the nuts they gave me to my stock vxss wheel nuts and they are exactly the same so the originals would do the job.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
No problem. I bought a wheel/ tyre package that came with nuts and they also
Included the centre bore machined but its around $50 bucks a wheel here. I compared the nuts they gave me to my stock vxss wheel nuts and they are exactly the same so the originals would do the job.

oh yeh thanks for that mate

Yeh ive got a set ready to get machined etc though not sure if there gonna fit hahahaha mine have 245 / 40 / r19

So yeh not sure lol

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
oh yeh thanks for that mate

Yeh ive got a set ready to get machined etc though not sure if there gonna fit hahahaha mine have 245 / 40 / r19

So yeh not sure lol
That tyre size is for the VE. If you use those tyres your speedo will be out and they might scrub on your front struts. Use a tyre size calculator on the net to see how much your speedo will be out by inputting factory tyre size and then new tyre size ( could be around 5kmp/h more..)

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
arh wish i bought a white vx now! never stop cleaning a black car and the white just looks orgasmic with the ssvs!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Cheers M8,yeah white holds up well over the years, still like new after 10+ years but black looks so
stealthy and mean when its clean and polished. Wish I could have both....

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
New ss pedals

Just a small update. Got these ss pedals on ebay at auction for $80 (not that hard to install either) still like new :)
+ a happy snap after a wash and polish
IMG_0101_zps5987c85e.jpg

IMG_0100_zps44ed61f2.jpg

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
How can you not scrub dude? I'm sitting on 245/35/19 with kings low and I scrub under hard acceleration or when theres heavy people in the back seat!