Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy 2002

Sajjad jaf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy spac 2002
Ive had an ongoing issue with my engine overheating when i drive. Took it to the mechanic and he done a radiator flush and changed the thermostat. A week went by and my vy begun overheating again, i took it back and he said that the radiator cap wasent working correctly and replaced it, he checked for any leaks in the system and could not find any. Again, one week went by and the car begun overheating again.

does anyone have any idea what keeps causing this issue?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
fans working ok??
when he said he flushed the radiator, did he actually remove it from car, take to radiator place and get it flow tested?? that is the only way to make sure a radiator is not blocked, flushing it wont unblock it 99% of the time. that would be the question i would be asking first of all.
has it been checked for blown head gasket?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
As above - good advice. Pretty simple and reliable system - radiator, fans, thermostat and pressure. One of those is the culprit. Thermostat replaced, radiator cap replaced, I assume he has checked the fans so that leaves the obvious - radiator or head gasket.