Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 2003 Supercharged LS1 Fuel setup

Kringe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
I have read a million threads and opinions and never found anything concrete by way of an answer to the purge solenoid question.
So my question now is, do I have this right or not ?
I`m running a wasp M112 Eaton S/C with rear intake,
your wise input will be greatly appreciated.
SCvyLs1fuelSys.jpg

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
purge solenoid dosnt have anything to do with actual fuel, all it is is a breather for the tank into the manifold so the vapors are burnt, if u add it to the return will not end well, keep it as it is standard if ur using it

Kringe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
purge solenoid dosnt have anything to do with actual fuel, all it is is a breather for the tank into the manifold so the vapors are burnt, if u add it to the return will not end well, keep it as it is standard if ur using it
ok, but one end of the soleniod goes to the manifold and the other end goes to "what looks like a return line" on the firewall under the fuel line, is that not a fuel return line ?. I apologize for the noobness

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
no worries, no its not a return line it goes to the top of the tank after the charcoal canister, under curtain conditions the ecu will open the valve to burn some vapors from the tank for emissions, your VY with LS1 is a "dead head system" so the fuel reg is in the tank module and only the single pressured line goes to the rails/injectors

Kringe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
no worries, no its not a return line it goes to the top of the tank after the charcoal canister, under curtain conditions the ecu will open the valve to burn some vapors from the tank for emissions, your VY with LS1 is a "dead head system" so the fuel reg is in the tank module and only the single pressured line goes to the rails/injectors
Ahh, ok so I dont need an aftermarket fuel reg, i just plug off the end of the the 2nd rail, and just replace the stock purge hose1615616560221.jpeg to the firewall with a straight hose ?

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur connecting the purge to the firewall u need the solenoid also so its not constantly sucking vapors, if ur not using the purge then block off the engine side remove solenoid and just vent the firewall side, may need the purge DTC disabled tho if not using, yes just leave fuel rail same setup as standard will be fine, u may need a better pump depending on your power level expected

Kringe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
if ur connecting the purge to the firewall u need the solenoid also so its not constantly sucking vapors, if ur not using the purge then block off the engine side remove solenoid and just vent the firewall side, may need the purge DTC disabled tho if not using, yes just leave fuel rail same setup as standard will be fine, u may need a better pump depending on your power level expected
Thank you, much appreciated, I was over thinking it as I do :p,